VLC Remote — popular application for iPhone and iPad, acting as a remote control for VLC multimedia player.
Free VLC client for Mac OS X computers, Windows and Linux allows you to play video files of any format (necessary codecs are built into the default program). The application can be used as a server (IPv4 and IPv6 protocols) for streaming audio or video content over the network, as well as listening to internet radio. VLC allows you to play files with damaged indexes.
In turn, VLC Remote mobile application allows you to remotely control content playback on Mac, computer or even on apple tv, using an iOS device as a remote control. Also included is a program for the Apple Watch, so the user can control the player directly from the wrist.
VLC Remote provides ample opportunity to control the playback of video and audio and allows you to pause, fast forward / backwards, adjust the sound volume, etc.
List of VLC Remote features
- The ability to easily manage the player, sitting on the couch;
- Today widget, providing quick access to the control panel;
- Apple Watch Support;
- VLC support for Mac OS X computers, Windows and Linux;
- Automatic VLC search by LAN;
- Full iPhone and iPad support;
- Buttons «Stop», «Reproduction» and «Pause»;
- DVD management;
- Volume control and track switching;
- Turning full screen on and off;
- Graphic Equalizer;
- Display album art;
- Subtitle Control, aspect ratio and audio files;
- Fine tune the sound;
- Display playlists;
- Free tool to customize the player to work with the remote control.
VLC Remote works only with official VLC clients for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.