Most users find the app «Stocks» on Apple Watch and iPhone completely useless, But it allows you to monitor not only the quotes of securities, but also real-time exchange rates.
By default, the application shows not very useful information for a domestic user, but it’s easy to fix.
How to add exchange rates to the Stocks app on Apple Watch
- Open the Stocks app on iPhone, with which the Apple Watch is synchronized.
- To delete existing items, click the Edit button, and then a button with a sign «-»;
- To add new currency pairs, click «+».
- In the search bar, enter the accepted currency reductions (detailed list below), eg, «usdrub» (dollar to Russian ruble). Select the desired currency pair in the search results, then in the window that opens, click on the button «Add to the list».
- In the same way, add any number of other currency pairs.
List of accepted designations of national currencies of some countries:
RUB — Russian ruble (eg: RUBUSD=X — current exchange rate of the Russian ruble in US dollars);
UAH — Ukrainian hryvnia;
BYN — Belarusian ruble;
USD — U.S. dollar;
EUR — Euro;
PLN — Polish zloty;
KZT — Kazakhstan tenge;
LAT — latvian lat;
LIT — Lithuanian litas.
How to set up the display of exchange rates on the Apple Watch
- Open the Watch app on iPhone and go to the My watch tab.
- Select the Stocks section.
- In the Stock List menu, select the currency pair of interest.
- Check off the type of information (eg, current value of shares, price change, percentage change, indicators of market capitalization and t.d.), which will be displayed in the extensions of the dials.
How to watch exchange rates on Apple Watch
Stock prices can be viewed in the Stocks app on the Apple Watch.
Besides, you can configure the display of exchange rates directly on the dial, for this:
- On an Apple Watch, open an extension-enabled watch face (in detail).
- Press hard on the screen and select Customize.
- Swipe right to left to go to edit extensions.
- Select an area to display exchange rates and scroll the Digital Crown on the watch until the Promotion extension appears.
- Press the wheel to confirm. Everything. Now a pair of currencies will be displayed on the dial, selected in the Stock List menu of the Watch app on iPhone.