One of the main functions of iOS 9.3 and OS X 10.11.4 became the ability to lock notes in a regular application of the same name.
It is sure, is useful, because now you can insert not only text into the notes themselves, but also images. In this article we will explain how to protect notes with a password on a Mac.
How to install
- Run the application «Notes».
- Select the note of interest and right-click on it. In the context menu, click on the line «Block this note».
- Enter the password and press the button «OK».
Password will be added, but until the application is restarted, the content will be readable. To block content, you must click on the button with the lock icon and click on the item «Close all locked notes».
To remove a password from a note, just click on it with the right mouse button and select the item «Unlock».
You can change the password on the note. To do this, enter the menu «Notes» → «Change password».
You can even specify a hint here.
Unfortunately, note blocking mechanism is imperfect and there are a number of flaws:
- you can not put a password to enter the application «Notes»;
- can not block a group of notes.