Given the cost Apple Watch, for sure among the users of this device there are many who want to eventually update the appearance of smart watches for a relatively low price, just replacing the strap.
- 1 Are the straps and bracelets from older versions of Apple Watch suitable for new models?
- 2 How to replace (take off) strap or bracelet on Apple Watch
- 3 How to remove or install a block bracelet on an Apple Watch
- 4 How to remove or replace a Milanese mesh bracelet
- 5 Do not use an unsecured strap or bracelet with the Apple Watch
Are the straps and bracelets from older versions of Apple Watch suitable for new models?
Yes! for instance, straps from the very first Apple Watch and Apple Watch Series 1 are quite suitable for Series 4 or Series 5 watches, 2 and 3. All bracelets for cases with a diameter of 38 mm and 40 mm, as well as 42 mm and 44 mm are fully compatible.
How to replace (take off) strap or bracelet on Apple Watch
1. Organize your workplace. So as not to scratch the screen, Apple Watch should lie on a clean surface, it can be a soft rug or microfiber. The dial of the device should look down.
2. In order to remove the bracelet or strap, press and hold the lock button, located at the bottom of the Apple Watch. While holding it down, slide the bracelet itself aside. When, if you plan to replace the block bracelet, proceed to next instruction.
3. If you didn’t succeed, then press the lock button again and follow, that it is held when the bracelet moves to the side.
4. The strap is removed! Repeat for the second part of the strap.
Installing a new strap is just as easy: you just need to insert the connectors of the new strap into the corresponding slots on the Apple Watch. In this case, the inscription on the strap should be on the outside.
How to remove or install a block bracelet on an Apple Watch
Certain difficulties may arise when replacing a block bracelet. It can be removed, pushing both mounts in parallel, but in this case the bracelet breaks, what, in its turn, may damage the clasp. To safely replace the block bracelet, it must first be separated into two parts, using the buttons on the inside near the clasp.
note, that detaching the strap does not require much physical strength, like twisting. In order not to damage a fastener, nor the bracelet itself, follow these steps:
1. Close the butterfly clasp, to do this, close its sides until the click.
2. Before removing the bracelet, divide it into two parts. For this, on the inside of the bracelet, find the quick disconnect button, press it and hold.
3. Gently pull the links in different directions, while holding down the quick disconnect button.
4. Now, after disconnecting the strap, it’s very easy to remove, press and hold the strap lock button on the Apple Watch itself, slide part of the bracelet aside. Repeat for the second part of the bracelet.
How to remove or replace a Milanese mesh bracelet
Since 2018, the design of the classic Milanese mesh bracelet for Apple Watch has become different. Now the strap can be removed completely by pulling the magnetic closure through the eyes or the strap connector. On previous models, the fastener could not be pulled through this narrow hole.
Do not use an unsecured strap or bracelet with the Apple Watch
If you didn’t feel the click, try moving the strap a little to the side, and then bring it back. In case of correct fixation, the bracelet should not arbitrarily move them side to side without the pressed lock button.
If the strap cannot be fixed and it moves effortlessly from side to side, do not use it with Apple Watch.