Running iOS 13 iPhone will be able to save mobile Internet traffic. For many users, its consumption is critical – far from all.
The new operating system received a function «Data saving». It allows the iPhone to consume less traffic during its work.
What happens to iPhone when data saver is activated
In iOS apps (if cellular mode is used «Data saving»):
- In the App Store, the video stops automatically playing and the automatic update and downloading of applications is turned off;
- When using the application «Music» disables automatic download of songs, streaming content also degrades;
- Mobile Internet in applications is used only if applications are launched – traffic consumption is turned off for programs, working in the background.
- IN «Podcasts» source update time increases, however, new releases can only be downloaded by connecting to Wi-Fi networks.
- FaceTime degrades video quality (bit rate) – the program optimizes it taking into account the drop in network bandwidth.
System changes (if cellular mode is used «Data saving»):
- Disable automatic application updates;
- Temporarily stops applications running in the background;
- Photos stop syncing with iCloud;
- IPhone disables automatic backup;
- Video streaming quality drops.
How to enable cell saving (mobile) Internet on iPhone in iOS 13
Useful feature «Data saving» present in iOS 13 in the Settings menu → Cell data → Data options. Activating the desired parameter will result in, that installed iPhone applications will start consuming noticeably less traffic.
Here are the main changes in the operation of the system and iPhone programs with the included mode «Data saving». And how often do you use it, and whether the overall performance drop becomes critical for you?
Along with using this function, we strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the other 13 ways, which will save cellular traffic on the iPhone.