Regular application Calendar for iOS, OS X and browser (on iCloud.com) allows you to effectively share events and to-do lists with people you are interested in. In this article we will describe how to correctly share the calendar and close access to it, change access settings, view who subscribed to the calendar, and who ignored, and also how to set up notifications from a shared calendar.
- 1 How to create a calendar in iCloud
- 2 How to create a private calendar with other iCloud users?
- 3 How to look, who accepted the invitation to access the calendar, and who is not?
- 4 How to change the privileges of invited users?
- 5 How to close access to the calendar?
- 6 How to unsubscribe from the calendar?
- 7 Setting up notifications about changes in the general calendar
How to create a calendar in iCloud
To create a calendar, which will sync across all devices within the same Apple ID account is enough:
- Launch the appropriate Calendar application.
- At the bottom of the display go to the section «Calendars».
- In the upper left of the left click «Change».
- In section «iCloud» click on «Add calendar…».
- Enter the name of the new calendar and click «Is done», and then repeat this action.
How to create a private calendar with other iCloud users?
The staff calendar has the ability to invite other iCloud users, which after confirmation, sent to E-mail, get access to a private calendar via iPhone, iPad, Mac, iCloud website.com and even Microsoft Outlook email client on Windows.
Private calendar can be edited only by the creator or people from the list of added, who are endowed with such privileges.
On iphone, iPod touch or iPad
- Open Calendar and go to tab «Calendars».
- In section «iCloud» next to the calendar of interest, click on the button «i».
- In section «Common to:» click on item «Add member…».
- Enter contact/s or E-mail address and click on «To add».
On Mac OS X
- Launch the Calendar app (Finder → Programs or through Spotlight search).
- In the left side menu in the section with your Apple ID profile, right-click on the calendar of interest and click «Share…».
- Add or select contacts, with whom you would like to share calendar entries in the section «Share with…».
- Press the button «Is done».
On the iCloud website.com
- Via a browser on a PC or Mac, go to the iCloud page.com/calendar (login if necessary, using Apple ID).
- Open up «The calendar».
- Click on the share icon next to the calendar name, add participants and click «Is done».
Function «Open calendar», which was located next to the added contacts on any device, allows all friends to subscribe to your calendars in read mode, that is, without the possibility of editing them.
How to look, who accepted the invitation to access the calendar, and who is not?
And this is a feasible task for the Calendar on iOS, OS X or iCloud web version.com. After that, as you press the button «Share…» (on iOS devices, click the button «i» next to the calendar) The following icons will be displayed next to the contacts:
- green check mark — user accepted invitation;
- red cross — contact refused invitation;
- gray question mark — user either did not see, either ignored the invitation.
On iOS, the status is written in words: «Accepted», «Rejected» or «waiting for an answer».
How to change the privileges of invited users?
There are two ways users interact with your calendars:
- Reading mode — you can only view calendars.
- Reading and editing — access, similar to the administrator, except for, that you cannot delete a calendar and invite users.
Setting privileges is carried out directly in the profile of the user connected to the calendar (or in the case of OS X in profile properties). To change the rights, turn on or turn off the switch opposite the item «Allow edit».
How to close access to the calendar?
On iphone, iPod touch or iPad open Calendar → Calendars → To the right of a specific calendar, click on «i» → select user → click on «Close access» → «Delete».
On Mac OS X, open Calendar → right click on the calendar of interest → Highlight the user and click Delete.
On the iCloud website.com open Calendar → Click on the sharing icon next to the calendar → click on the check mark next to the user → «Remove member».
How to unsubscribe from the calendar?
If you are no longer interested in the information on the signed calendar, follow these steps:
On iphone, iPod touch or iPad open Calendar → Calendars → To the right of a specific calendar, click on «i» → scroll down → click on «Delete calendar».
On Mac OS X, open Calendar → right click on the calendar of interest → select item «Delete».
On the iCloud website.com open Calendar → «Edit» → minus icon in front of the calendar → «Delete».
Setting up notifications about changes in the general calendar
Thanks to the Notification Center, you can always be aware of all changes, occurring in the general calendar. For, to set up notifications on the device, open Settings → Notifications → The calendar → click on «Allow Notifications» → «Changes to the Shared Calendar».
Here you need to activate notifications, and you can also customize the display of the sticker on the icon, enable messages on the locked screen and set the alert style.
On Mac, select the Calendar menu → Settings… (keyboard shortcut Command (⌘) + ,) → tab «Warnings» → check the box «Show shared calendar messages in the Notification Center».
On the iCloud website.com/calendar
- Click on the gear in the lower left corner → Settings…
- Click the tab «Additional», check the box «Send me information about updates in the general calendar by e-mail» and press «Save».