macOS has always been different from Windows where the interface is more ergonomic. for example, Windows action «create a folder and move the selected files there» is not so convenient, like on a mac.
One of the features of the regular MacOS Finder Explorer is the ability to conveniently add files to a folder.
- Highlight files and/or folders, which you want to put in a new folder.
- Right-click on the selected items and select «New folder with selected objects (…)» context menu, Where «…» — number of selected objects.
- Enter the new name of the created folder and press Return (Enter).
You can perform a similar operation with hotkeys:
- Highlight files and/or folders you want to put in a new folder.
- Press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + ⌘Cmd + N.
- Enter the new name of the created folder and press Enter.
You can cancel the actions performed using the Ctrl key combination + Z.
Such actions are extremely convenient when organizing files, Yes, and accompanied by beautiful animation.