Sometimes our smartphone turns from friend to enemy — eg, shows on the lock screen compromising SMS about our yesterday’s night adventures :). Everyone has the right to privacy, so right now we will tell, how to make your correspondence more secure.
How to prevent the display of text messages on the lock screen
- Open Settings and go to the Notifications section.
- Go to Messages.
- Disable two sliders — opposite the caption On the locked screen… and show thumbnails.
How to disable the display of text messages in the Notification Center on the lock screen
An experienced iPhone user will be able to spy on you even there — because at the top «curtain» the message text is also displayed. To avoid this:
- Open Settings and go to Touch ID and Password.
- Enter Touch ID password.
- Go down to the bottom of the screen and deactivate all sliders under Access with lock screen: Today, View Notifications, Siri, Wallet and Reply message.
How to turn off notifications, that the message has been read
- Open Settings and go to the Messages section.
- Disable the slider next to the read report.
How to set up automatic deletion of old messages
To be sure, that old messages in the future no one will read, you can enable them to be deleted according to the schedule. Make it very easy — in the same section Messages, find the Message history item and select one of two options — 30 days or 1 year.
Is done — now your correspondence is protected from prying eyes where it is safer, than before. Communicate without worries and experiences!